Restaurant Children’s Meals: The Faults with Unhealthy Defaults

Figure 1: Top 200 Restaurant Outlets with Sugary Drinks on the Children's Menu. 58% of outlets do not offer sugary drinks; the rest (42%) do.

A fact sheet

The default options for side dishes and drinks with restaurant children’s meals are often unhealthy. Providing healthier default options for children’s meals is crucial. Healthy defaults support parents by reducing barriers to feeding their children healthfully.

View resource