Also try this irresistible crispy tofu in stir-fries or as a snack with a simple dipping sauce like the ones served with dumplings or summer rolls. (To make the dumpling sauce, mix 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce + 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar + 1 slice of ginger. For the summer roll sauce, mix 1 Tbs. fish sauce + 1 tsp. fresh lime juice + ½ tsp. hot sauce or sweet chili sauce.)
This recipe was developed by Kate Sherwood, The Healthy Cook. Have a comment, question, or idea? Email Kate at email@example.com.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 14 oz. package extra-firm or firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbs. neutral-tasting oil (like peanut, sunflower, safflower, or grapeseed oil)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 10 cups salad greens
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup Miso Ginger Dressing (see recipe)
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds or chopped almonds
- Blot the tofu with a towel. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Gently toss the tofu in the cornstarch. Sauté the tofu until lightly browned and crispy on 2–3 sides, 7–9 minutes.
- Arrange the salad greens, cucumbers, radishes, and tofu in 4 bowls. Top with the dressing and sesame seeds.
Miso Ginger Dressing
Makes: about 1 cup
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. neutral-tasting oil (like peanut, sunflower, safflower, or grapeseed oil)
- 1 Tbs. minced ginger
- 4 dried apricots
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Per serving (3 cups salad + 2 Tbs. dressing):
- Calories: 290
- Total fat: 17 g
- Sat fat: 2 g
- Carbs: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Total sugar: 5 g
- Added sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
Sodium: 390 mg
Let's get cooking
You can't get to healthy without delicious! That's where our recipes from The Healthy Cook, Kate Sherwood, come in. Search by categories like salads, soups, side dishes, vegetarian, vegan, and more.