Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Not a fan of finger food? Arrange the lettuce on four plates, top with the chicken, and garnish with the scallions and chips.
October 28, 2015
Total time to prepare: 20 minutes
- 1¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ of a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (more to taste), minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 16 Boston (or Bibb) lettuce leaves
- 4 oz. tortilla chips, broken up
- 3 scallions, sliced
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté the chicken in the oil until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. The chicken will not be fully cooked, so remove it to a dedicated cutting board.
- Add the garlic and chipotle to the pan and sauté for 30 seconds, then stir in the orange juice and salt. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken across the width into ½-inch slices and return them to the pan. Toss to coat with the sauce and cook through, 2-3 minutes.
- Stack the lettuce leaves on a plate. Serve the chicken, scallions, and chips in bowls. To assemble, spoon a small amount of the chicken, scallions, and chips into a leaf of lettuce and wrap.
- Calories: 400
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Total Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbs: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 32 g