Banana Split Cereal|
Who said banana splits were only for dessert? Yogurt, cereal, and fruit combine to make a powerhouse breakfast!
small, sharp knife
1 small, ripe banana
1/2 cup fresh blueberries or other fresh fruit
1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup low-sugar cereal (such as Cheerios, Wheaties, Grape Nuts, or Bran Flakes)
1. Peel the banana and slice it lengthwise (from tip to tip). Wash the blueberries by placing them in a colander and running water over them. (If you are using another fruit, wash it and cut it into small pieces.)
2. Spoon the yogurt in a mound in the center of a cereal bowl.
3. Sprinkle the cereal on top of the yogurt.
4. Arrange the banana halves on either side of the yogurt.
5. Sprinkle the top with the blueberries or other fruit.
Per serving: Calories: 279; Total Fat: 2.7 grams (0.6 teaspoons); Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams; Sodium: 246 milligrams; Cholesterol: 2 milligrams.
More ideas like this one