“The National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG) was founded in 1996 as the first national organization devoted exclusively to funding independent, peer-reviewed scientific research on pathological and youth gambling.… Today, with the contributions of the casino gaming industry, equipment manufacturers, vendors, related organizations and individuals, more than $13 million has been committed to the NCRG.” (http://www.ncrg.org/about/index.cfm; accessed 5/9/05)
(http://www.ncrg.org/about/index.cfm; accessed 5/9/05)
- Boyd Gaming Corporation (Provided the start-up funds for the NCRG in 1996 and made a 10-year pledge of $875,000)
- Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.
- International Game Technology
- Mandalay Resort Group
- MGM MIRAGE
- Park Place Entertainment Corporation
- Dennis E. Eckart, Chairman: Partner, Baker & Hostetler, LLP
- William Boyd, President: Chairman and CEO, Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Judy L. Patterson, Secretary and Treasurer: Senior Vice President and Executive Director, American Gaming Association
Board of directors members with corporate ties:
(http://www.ncrg.org/about/board.cfm; accessed 5/9/05)
- G. Thomas Baker, Chairman, International Game Technology
- Jan Jones, Senior Vice President of Communications, Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.
- Robert Boswell, Senior Vice President, Pioneer Behavioral Health
- Roland W. Burris, Counsel, Burris, Wright, Slaughter & Tom, LLP
- Glenn Christenson, Executive Vice President, CFO and CAO, Station Casinos, Inc.
- Brian McKay, Counsel, Lionel Sawyer & Collins
- Kevin P. Mullally, Missouri Gaming Commission
- Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., President and CEO, American Gaming Association
- Alan Feldman, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, MGM MIRAGE
- Glenn Schaeffer, President, CFO and Treasurer, Mandalay Resort Group
- Richard J. Glasier, President and CEO, Argosy Gaming Company
- Maj. Gen. Paul A. Harvey, (Ret.), President/Owner, PDH Associates, Inc.
- Robert Stewart, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Park Place Entertainment Corporation
- Timothy M. Hinkley, President and COO, Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc.