“The Annapolis Center is a national, non-profit, educational organization that supports and promotes responsible energy, environmental, health, and safety decision-making.” (http://www.annapoliscenter.org/skins/default/index.aspx; accessed 4/22/05)
Stanley T. Crooke, M.D., Ph.D., founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Isis Pharmaceuticals, was elected to the board of directors. (U.S. Newswire, 4/1/05) The Annapolis Center is funded primarily by the National Association of Manufacturers. The Center's founder and COO, Richard Seibert, was a former National Association of Manufacturers vice president. (http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=13; accessed 4/21/05)
Other board of directors’ members with industry ties include:
- George K. Anderson, M.D., M.P.H. Partner, New World Healthcare Solutions, a medical consulting and executive search firm.
- Richard E. Hug Director and Chairman Emeritus, Koppers Company, Inc.
- John Parker, M.D. Vice President for Corporate Development, Science Applications International Corporation
- Charles Harmon Pierce, M.Sc., M.D., Ph.D. Vice President of Medical Affairs, North America for Harrison Clinical Research
- Ford Rowan Co-founder of Rowan & Blewitt Inc. Principal author, “Crisis Prevention, Management and Communication,” published by the National Association of Manufacturers, 1991
- Jack W. Snyder, M.D., J.D., Ph.D. Lecturer, advisor, and consultant to corporate, academic, legal, and governmental organizations
- George T. Wolff, Ph.D. Principal Scientist, General Motors’ Public Policy Center.
(http://www.annapoliscenter.org/skins/default/index.aspx; accessed 4/22/05)
2002: $70,000 for general support Source: ExxonMobil 2002 Annual Report (http://www.exxonmobil.com/corporate/Newsroom/Publications/Corp_P_AnnualReport2002.asp; accessed 4/21/05)