According to its website, the NCPA is a nonprofit public-policy research institute that receives 70% of its funding from foundations, 20% from corporations, and 10% from individuals.
Founding board members included:
- Wayne Calloway, President and CEO of Frito-Lay
- Jere Thompson, President and CEO of the Southland Corporation
- Robert Dedman, President and CEO of ClubCorp
- Russell Perry, President and CEO of Republic Financial Services
- Sir Antony Fisher, President and CEO of the Atlas Foundation
National Center for Policy Analysis Board of Directors
- Thomas W. Smith, Managing Partner of Prescott Investors, Inc.
- John C. Goodman, President, NCPA
- Pete du Pont, Richards, Layton and Finger
- James Cleo Thompson, Jr., Chairman of the Board, Thompson Petroleum Corp.
- Jere W. Thompson, President, The Williamsburg Corporation
- Dan W. Cook III, Senior Director of Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Robert H. Dedman, Chairman of the Board, ClubCorp International
- Virginia Manheimer, Trustee, The Hickory Foundation
- Henry J. Bud Smith, Chairman Emeritus, Clark/Bardes, Inc.
(all of the above is from http://www.ncpa.org; January 15, 2001)
Supporting Foundations include:
- DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund
- El Paso Energy Foundation
- ExxonMobil Foundation
- Eli Lilly and Company Foundation
- Lilly Endowment Inc.
- Procter & Gamble Fund
(Foundation Center - Foundation Directory Online; accessed 2/24/03)