“The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) is a nonprofit organization that works closely with healthcare practitioners and institutions, regulatory agencies, professional organizations and the pharmaceutical industry to provide education about adverse drug events and their prevention. The Institute provides an independent review of medication errors that have been voluntarily submitted by practitioners to a national Medication Errors Reporting Program (MERP) operated by the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP). Information from the reports may be used by USP to impact on drug standards. All information derived from the MERP is shared with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ( FDA) and pharmaceutical companies whose products are mentioned in reports.”
Board of Trustees members with corporate ties:
- Robert Braverman, President, Medi-Dose, Inc./ EPS, Inc.
- Mark J. Cziraky, Pharm.D., Vice President, Health Core
- George Di Domizio, J.D., President, Gemini Trademark Services
- Lou Martinelli, Ph.D., Pharm.D., President, L. Martinelli & Associates
- J. Russell Teagarden, R.Ph., MA, Vice President, Clinical Practices & Therapeutics, Merck-Medco Managed Care, L.L.C.
- G. Rodney Wolford, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, ForHealth Technologies, Inc.
(http://www.ismp.org/Pages/ismp_board.html; accessed 3/8/05)
2004 CHEERS Awards Sponsors:
- Medical Error Recognition and Revision Strategies, Inc. (a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices)
- McKesson Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- ALaris Medical Systems
- Hospira (Abbott)
- Pharmaconsultant, Inc.
- Medi-Dose, Inc./ EPS, Inc.
- Facts & Comparisons
- B. Braun
- ForHealth Technologies, Inc.
Donors: Talone Insurance, Inc. RSC, Inc. IDentity Health, Inc. HealthCore, Inc. Gemini Trademark Services
(http://www.ismp.org/cheers/cheerscontributors2004.htm; accessed 3/8/05)
To view previous years CHEERS Awards sponsors go to: http://www.ismp.org/cheers/cheersawards.html