When: Monday, October 21, 2013
Where: Davidson Conference Center, USC Campus -- Los Angeles, California
Join us and colleagues from across the state for the first
California Healthy Beverage Summit
- Get the latest research about health risks associated with sugary drink consumption, soda industry's aggressive marketing strategies, and efforts to increase the drinking of tap water.
- Meet others engaged in advocacy efforts to: reduce sugary drink consumption, increase water intake, and limit the toll of obesity in California and the nation.
- Help build on past local, state, and national successes and strengthen our constituency for future action in Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
Summit topics will include:
- An overview of the beverage landscape at the local, state and national levels
- Policies and efforts to improve the availability and consumption of water & other healthy drinks
- Strategies to counter the industry’s aggressive, youth-oriented marketing practices
- The politics of local, state and national beverage work
- Celebrity endorsements of sugary drinks and the need to end them
Attend the summit to accelerate the momentum to
reshape California's beverage landscape.
The Summit will run from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM on October 21, 2013, and will include a continental breakfast, lunch, and reception.
For a map and directions to the Davidson Conference Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org